Chicago, Illinois, United States
(job is remote)
Join a fast-growing company that has developed the utility industry's first artificial intelligence (AI) enterprise energy analytics and customer engagement SaaS platform. Their AI powered platform transforms utility meter data into business intelligence that electric and gas utilities can use to improve customer satisfaction, drive energy efficiency, and create new revenue models by offering customer- relevant energy products and services through the utility’s marketplace. customer satisfaction, operational efficiency and new revenue models.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, you will be the primary owner of all sales and business development activities in your assigned region. You will play a key role in developing new business and managing key utility accounts to rapidly grow the company.
You will be responsible for implementing a structured sales plan aimed at generating new business, and to build strong, trust-based relationships with customer decision makers at the “CXO” level.
- Expand business by delivering new bookings and revenue in named utility accounts in North America.
- Manage complex sales cycles at accounts.
- Build a solid pipeline multiple to ensure successful achievement of quarterly bookings and revenue targets.
- Execute on a proven territory plan to ensure prioritization and proper resource allocation.
- Manage all opportunities by navigating the critical success factors, competitive challenges, partner landscape, objections and other complex issues to ensure successful outcomes in the territory.
- Create quarterly forecasts including committed deals as well as pipeline for the current quarter and beyond.
- Participate in weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and sales cadence.
- Articulate the path to closure and key tactical steps for each account in forecasted and pipeline deals.
- Plan and facilitate meetings between corporate’s executive team, the client’s business executives, technology and procurement teams to align all parties around the engagement.
- Schedule strategic meetings with clients, partners, and thought-leaders to understand global and regional regulatory and industry specific issues that impact our accounts.
- Interface with corporate marketing, product management, and professional services teams to review programs and timelines on an ongoing basis to ensure successful implementation.
- Existing utility knowledge & relationships, preferred experience on the customer side (DSM, customer engagement, digital marketing, dist resources, CRM, TOU, DERMs, etc)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Utility industry and associated sales cycle.
- Bright, relentless, and bold
- Love to sell
- Strong desire to work in a dynamic fast-paced work environment
- Fun to be with and around
- At least 5 years of executive level direct sales experience specifically selling multi-million dollar enterprise SaaS software deals.
- Bonus points for SMB and/or Gas experience (SMB=small medium business)
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex sales situations and closing multi-million dollar transactions.
If you are a process-driven sales professional with a strong track record of exceeding sales goals and selling enterprise SaaS solutions; if you have a proven record of landing enterprise level accounts and dealing with complex sales situations with multiple stakeholders; if you have demonstrated experience in articulating the value proposition, and negotiating agreements in the software industry; if you want your work to make a difference in the energy industry, and if you’re passionate about new technology, we’d love you to join our world class team.