Towing Operations Manager
Ferra's Automotive Services Inc.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Ferra's Automotive Services, serving the great people of Allegheny County for the last 70 years, is hiring a Towing Operations Manager. The Towing Operations Manager is in charge of all activities of a 10 person towing department and a 15 truck fleet to ensure efficient operations, profitability, and high customer satisfaction scores.
Ferra’s Automotive Services provides complete auto & truck diagnostic, general repair, maintenance, body repair, wreck rebuilding and refinishing / painting, state and emission inspection, 24 hour light and heavy duty road service, towing and recovery service.
Overall, the Operations Towing Manager will supervise 10 drivers to support 24/7/365 towing services with a fleet of 15 tow trucks.
Specifically, he/she will:
- Guide and direct the activities of all towing staff to ensure optimal productivity and efficiency.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day towing operations including: screening and dispatching calls, customer acquisition and retention, driver hiring, performance tracking, and scheduling of a 24/7 operation.
- Build and maintain positive work relationships with customers to create a rapport that fosters patronage and generates revenue.
- Applicant must have 2 years or proof of adequate experience in the automotive / truck fleet and - or road-service towing industry.
- Availability 24/7.
- Strong computer literacy and office function skills
- Must be outgoing, self-motivated, goal-oriented person.
- 5-10 years of experience in the automotive / truck road-service towing industry.
- Strong managerial skills.
Benefit package includes:
- paid uniforms
- vacation - holiday- sick leave
- family hospitalization / dental
- credit union
- yearly performance bonus and salary increase consideration