This job is no longer accepting applications.
Chief Human Resources Officer
George Mason University | See all 17 jobs from Ferra Executive Search
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Ferra Executive Search is pleased to partner with George Mason University to recruit their next Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO).
George Mason University is the largest public research university in Virginia, serving more than 36,000 students from over 130 countries. Mason ranks among the highest research institutions (R1) in the country by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. The university has a total workforce of more than 11,000 employees who are experts in a broad range of fields. They have provided critical administrative support to academic programs, published widely, contributed to major research findings and consulted with government and business officials.
- Providing oversight for $7.4 million departmental budget.
- Leading and engaging a diverse & skilled staff of 70 who direct and manage the university’s comprehensive Human Resources function.
- Providing both HR & Payroll technical expertise and professional development and support to build a collaborative and caring team.
- Contributing to the organization’s effectiveness by facilitating continuous improvement, change and transition to support Mason’s change and growth.
- Chairing University-wide committees that measure and work to improve Mason’s sense of collaborative, caring and well-being community. Quality of Work/Life and Family Matters are two of those committees.
- Collaborating with Compliance, Diversity & Ethics, Risk Management, Information Technology Services (ITS), Provost’s Office, and University Audit initiatives that impact the university-wide HR & Payroll functions.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field and at least 15 years of progressive senior HR leadership roles.
- A strong commitment to & experience with the values of diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative leadership style.
- Customer service oriented (both internal and external).
- Proven ability to revamp/modernize a large scale talent acquisition process.
- Organizational design / workforce planning experience.
- Experience with HRIS/ERP systems/technology.
Exceptional interpersonal, oral & written communications skills.
Demonstrate exemplary professional & personal integrity.