This job is no longer accepting applications.
Vice President of Human Resources (CHRO)
Sewickley, Pennsylvania, United States
Ferra Executive Search is pleased to partner with Verland to recruit their next Vice President of Human Resources.
Verland is a non-profit family of person-centered, community homes and services supporting over 200 individuals with intellectual disabilities, many of whom have multiple physical challenges.
Verland's main campus has ten larger, family-centered homes, which complement community placement with a complete continuum of options for those needing more support, and includes cutting-edge facilities that provide medical, dental, educational, recreational and therapeutic services.
- Leading and engaging a diverse & skilled staff of HR professionals who direct and manage the foundation’s Human Resources function.
- Creating programming and professional opportunities for rewarding and engaging Verland staff, helping to support the application of Verland values.
- Promoting and marketing Verland as a diverse, inclusive employer of choice.
- Leading projects that measure and work to improve Verland’s sense of collaborative, caring and well-being community.
- Contributing to the foundation’s effectiveness by facilitating continuous improvement, change and transition to support Verland’s change and growth.
- Collaborating with PA agencies with whom Verland interacts.
- Participating with PA Senior HR Officers groups & other relevant HR professional associations.
- Keeping pace with innovations in the field and rapidly-changing federal and state laws
- Providing oversight for the HR departmental budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least 10 years of progressive senior HR leadership roles.
- A collaborative leadership style.
- Customer service oriented (both internal and external).
- Proven ability to revamp/modernize a talent acquisition process.
- Organizational design / workforce planning experience.
- Experience with HRIS/ERP systems/technology.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral & written communications skills.
- A strong commitment to & experience with the values of diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrate exemplary professional & personal integrity.
Experience working for a mission driven organization or equally transferable industry experience